Wednesday 1 February 2017

When I met Guruji

Jai Guru Ji..

July, 2014

As they say, when the Pupil is ready, the Master will arrive.

I cant forget that evening of July, 2014 when I stepped inside Bade Mandir for the first time. Shabads were playing and I could feel a shrill passing through my body, the moment I saw Bade Mandir.  Totally unaware of the place and not too aware about Guruji, me and my family went inside the Mandir.  Such a serene, peaceful and disciplined environment.

As I bowed down in front of Guruji Maharaj Gaddi, tears were rolling down my eyes.  The place has so much divine energy that pulls you towards it.  Bade Mandir is so beautiful and the devotees at that time in the Mandir looked like from well to do families.  My mother, jokingly and completely unaware of his divine powers said at that time 'looks like, he is Ameero ke bhagawaan' i.e. God of rich people.  Little did we know that HE is everyone's God and one day will become MY Life Line.

To be honest, at that time, we wanted something from Guruji and that something is 'to cure my father in law' who had been diagnosed with a 4th stage cancer.  We were told that everyone gets blessed and cured there.  We too wanted him to be healed by divine powers of Guruji, although at that time we didn't believe and know about Guruji much.

Some rules of the Mandir were told to us before coming to the Mandir by my brother and sister :

1.    Here everyone is called Uncle & Aunty
2.    Langar Prashad is a Dawai (medicine) Prashad and it heals you completely.  It is shared by 4 people in the same plate.
3.    The sevadaars do not pack Langar Prashad, even if asked.  The prashad has to be consumed in the temple only.

We wanted to pack some Langar Prashad for my father in law who was at home, but kept quiet after listening to what is said above.  

Me and my 10 year old daughter got separated from rest of family in the Mandir and had langar prashad earlier than rest of them.  As we were  waiting for other family members, suddenly a Sevadaar came to me and asked 'Aunty, you had langar?'.  I said 'Yes, we had'.  Then, he told me 'agar aapko ghar mein kisi ke liye langar pack karvana hai, to kara lena, we will pack' (if you want langar to be packed for someone at your home, please do so'.

Not immediately realising that Guruji has granted our wish,  we got 'Halwa Prashad' packed for my father in law.  Only after we left the Mandir, I realised 'OMG, this is what we were wishing for'.

I was very happy and I told everyone that I could FEEL the divine power there as our wish of  Prashad has been granted, without our asking to any Sevadaar.

I believe that it was Guruji's way of instilling some faith in me and  a sign of his presence.

All in all, I was happy and I was hopeful.  Not sure of when to return next to his Mandir..but as they say, HE decides the time...

Jai Guru Ji..

2 comments: